At Behavioral Essentials, we’re committed to improving the human condition at work. Using our behavioral assessment, we help organizations hire people who will thrive in their roles and grow self-aware leaders and teams — cultivating a culture of awareness where everyone thrives.
The Impact you will make:
Our Leadership Coaches play a critical role in our mission of improving the human condition at work. Reporting directly to the Head of Coaching, you will be in a well-supported, high-impact position in our organization as an agent of transformational change for our clients.
As a Leadership Coach, you will work with clients in one-on-one sessions to increase their self-awareness, help them breakthrough personal barriers, and develop a plan to achieve their personal and professional goals. During coaching sessions, you will be expected to use BE processes, content and tools like the E3 Assessment & Level Up 360 to nurture your client’s growth.
A day in the life:
- Exhibit a level of professionalism and best practices in coaching by:
- orienting to the specific needs of an organization’s engagement,
- working with individual clients on a prescribed coaching track,
- scheduling number of coaching sessions according to client agreement and what’s appropriate for the client,
- keeping useful notes on all coaching sessions,
- following up with appropriate reminders and homework,
- maintaining consistent communication with client, email, text, or phone as appropriate
- reporting numbers needed for tracking client engagement,
- delivering a consistent and comprehensive experience for the client.
- Actively utilize our coaching management system and related resources to schedule and record sessions, keep notes, share learning resources, and encourage client engagement throughout the experience.
- Invest appropriate time to prepare for each session by reviewing E3 data, client notes, reports, resources, and any other relevant intel.
- Integrate client organizational goals and objectives into the coaching experience.
- Proactively communicate with Coaching Leadership and Coaching Project Coordinator to maintain clarity and escalate potential issues quickly.
- Stay connected with the Behavioral Essentials team by attending team meetings, participating in ongoing training and development opportunities, sharing best practices and learnings, and being engaged with conversations through channels such as Sharepoint, Email and Slack.
We welcome industry experience and coaching certifications, but you are not required to have them. Most importantly, we are seeking talented, curious leadership coaches and will invest in you through training and mentorship.
- Awareness & practice of coaching best practices & ethics
- Embodies an empowered, growth-mindset.
- Knowledge of fundamental organizational structures and standard practices.
- Ability to establish rapport and safety consistently throughout sessions.
- Practices essential coaching skills: listening, asking high value questions, evoking awareness and challenging, facilitating insight and growth for the client, follows proper accountability structures with client.
- Professional and flexible with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Committed to providing excellent coaching experiences.
- Strong organizational, writing, communication, and phone skills.
- Can handle client concerns and issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Committed to completing administrative details.
- Comfortable with technology and basic software programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences (Communication, Psychology, Business or a related field) is preferred, not required.
- Coaching or related experience is preferred.
- Certification from a coaching training program is preferred.
How we will invest in you:
- Competitive compensation – based on consideration of relevant job experience and certification/education
- Growth culture – Compelling professional development opportunities like additional training, executive coaching, and other learning opportunities
- Potential to join the team full-time with benefits and bonus opportunities
- The structure of this position is flexible; Our preference is a contract position of at least six months with the ability to become full-time with benefits and bonus structures. This is also a remote position with some travel requested.
This is by no means an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this job description. The Company reserves the right to revise the job description or to require that other or different tasks are performed when circumstances change. Behavioral Essentials is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and equal opportunity through our commitment to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.